Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Flowers

You've not heard from me lately because I've been out in the yard working and having so much fun in the yard. I think I have at least one of every plant, but a gardener is always thinking about the next plant and next year and the changes we'll make. I was finally able to identify the snowball-type plant with white blooms as large as a soccer ball. It's a Chinese snowball. I bought a large 3-gallon size marked down at Lowe's and popped it out of the pot, divided it in half, repotted each half and the two will be ready to put in the ground early spring next year. I can't wait. I also bought two burgundy-leafed lorapetalum plants and did them the same way. I have plans for them. We're in a severe drought right now so I'm watering my pot plants but not the ones in the ground. We have a well but there is limitation on how long the water will last. The irises are blooming beautifully and the daylilies will be next. The roses are absolutely breathtaking this year. The clematis are blooming and budded. I could go on forever, but I'll give you a break and let you know that if you have any questions about gardening, cooking, housecleaning, just contact me and I can help. Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment